Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Power Flower

   
A fine Spring day led me to a garden over grown with baby blue Forget-Me-Nots, along with several types of smallish yellow, and largish white daisy like blooms.
Along with a chunk of cheese and a glass of soda, I created a still life before placing my paintbrush in hand. There was so much Spring energy emanating from the garden, that to mimic that feeling and embellish the painting, I decided to first collage onto my painting surface a variety of hand made papers on which to paint. Those alluring, sparklingbackground effects that I absolutely love, are exactly what I was hoping to create. So here is the result.....



Click Here To Bid





Unframed 5.5 x 7.5 acrylic/collage on paper, mounted on 8 x 10 canvas
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment